Listen to Rev. Kenneth Makuakāne of Kawaiaha'o Church speak about the various historical landmarks and sites throughout our church campus.
In 1899 A. S. Cleghorn dug an artesian well, plant- ed a lawn, and set out the line of 7 royal palms mauka of the building as memorial to his daughter, Princess Kaʻiulani. The wrought-iron bench beside the fountain is from the princess’ home. A red ‘ōhi‘a lehua grows in its center.