“Be not deceived; God has not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall
he also reap. For him that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption;
but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.”
Galatians 6:7-8 KJV
This passage is so clear. The flesh is weak.
Did you know it’s easy to deceive ourselves? I can count many times in my life
when I would talk myself into sin by creating a false rationalization. Here
are some of my favorites:
1. It’s ok to tell a lie to save someone’s feelings. After all, what’s a little white lie
if the lie is to serve good?
2. Wow! It’s so nice when my homosexual son shacks up with another man. God
needs to get with the times. If the Bible was written today, God would change
His mind in what He said. Hey, everyone is shacking up so it must be ok with
3. I’m actually enjoying watching adultery and murder on TV. It’s ok because
they are only actors.
4. Swearing about God in music is ok too. Come on, it’s only a song!
5. Those violent video games where I shoot innocent people are ok. It’s just a
God will not be mocked. God knows everything you do. Excuses or ways to
deceive yourself to think sin is fine will not fly with God. Yes, I know a few
people who tell me to lighten up on this. Sadly, they are deceiving themselves
too. Today, I think I’m going to pray and ask God to reveal any actions I truly self-
deceived and don’t remember anymore. I am sure there are many. I need to
review them and ask God for forgiveness. I may not be able to control the
actions and rationale of others but I can control my actions. I am going to stop
mocking God by deceiving myself that sin is ok. Jesus is the same yesterday,
today, and forever. by Kent Brosh a Kawaiaha’o Blog Contributor